Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dirty Mother

Last weekend I had a hankering for something sweet and boozy, but was too cold and lazy to leave the house in hunt of it. I had a bottle of Kahlua and a bottle of brandy left over from a very ambitious holiday baking season, and recalled that at Christmas I mixed the two in a hot cocoa to kick-ass effect.* Too lazy to make hot cocoa, and remembering that my sister had told me she made a great White Russian with this raw Jersey-cow-only milk (yes, we're that kind of foodies) and some fancy prairie vodka. And so was born what I thought was an original cocktail: Brandy, Kahlua, and (very creamy) milk. Turns out, this is already a drink . A brandy and Kahlua is called a Dirty Mother. Add milk and it becomes a Dirty White Mother. I shit you not.

So I will share my delectable drink with you here:

The Dirty White Mother
  • 3 parts brandy (I used E&J, but you can swank it up or dress it down as you will)
  • 1 part Kahlua, or whatever coffee liqueur is handy
  • Milk or cream

Mix brandy and coffee liqueur in an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes. Stir. Pour milk on top to fill.

This would probably be just as good strained into a martini glass!


*I have since learned that this drink is called a Ski Lift.

1 comment:

Followers