Thursday, April 15, 2010

Styling and Momming at Target

Here's a funny: I tried on the shoes pictured above at Target today (sooo cute, soooo impractical), and had the delightful experience of picking many, tiny raisins off the floor while wearing them. That sums up the would-be stylish mom's dilemma nicely, don't you think?
I ended up buying the Eugenia Kim for Target hat below for $7.48:
For some reason, all the Eugenia Kim hats were on clearance, despite the fact that the collection doesn't launch until Sunday? Strange, but I am not complaining. The hats are cute and well made; the woven ones were too small on me, but I have a large head. The Cynthia Vincent shoes, which also supposedly haven't launched yet were well made and seemed to run a little big. The one above has multiple velcro straps, which also makes them very customizable. They were around $25, which is a pretty good price point for the quality, in my opinion.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes the Target people put things out on the floor earlier than they're supposed to. It can be kind of great when you find things that others haven't picked over yet because they don't know the stuff is in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hi there! Yes, that was probably it, but I think maybe because the store was under construction they were even more disorganized than usual (they had diapers in two separate, equally obscure locations). I am glad I was able to take advantage of it, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! totally sums up the tryin to style mom moment. put on a cashmere v- neck yesterday and as my child rubbed muffin into it, i was like, "oh yeah, that's why i don't do that." glad you got to try on and reject your lust shoes! it feels good to do the dumping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I knew you would appreciate that, Samira!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so incredibly sad that i forgot that this collection was already in-stores! i totally thought is dropped on the 25th, now my size is sold out. boooo! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks, Xtina! I haven't spotted the flats version of these in any stores, which is a bummer since I might actually be able to wear those. I love the idea of an insane print on a very small surface so it does just totally wear you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers