Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pretty in Pink---er, Lilac?



I just wanted to post some pics of this amazing vintage dress a friend gave me. The only pics of it, though, involve me singing karaoke! So there you go, friends. This dress was fully lined in an unforgiving acetate, but otherwise seemed like it would fit really well. So I cut out the lining, leaving the bits where the lining was reinforcing a dart or something, and keeping the interfacing at the neckline. I wore it with a navy slip since I wanted a funkier vibe, but it could be prettied up with a cream-colored slip. I think it would be fun to try a bunch of different colored slips under it, actually. I wore burgundy tights and my metallic Pour La Victoire brogues* with it. Sad I don't have a full-length shot!


*Which I got on Amazon Warehouse Deals for $30.




2 comments:

  1. I must know what you're singing!

    That dress looks amazing, and what a great deal on those shoes--Amazon, who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love lace anything, especially lace dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Followers